Tuesday, July 30, 2013

GUEST STYLE BLOGGER | Petite Hues Styles the Von Vonni Maxi Transformer


We welcome another wonderful Guest Style Blogger to Von Vonni. Welcome petite NYC-based blogger, Christine of Petite Hues. Christine shows one way a petite fashionista can rock our convertible dress. Check out how she styled her maxi Cobalt Von Vonni Transformer Dress in her post below:

Von Vonni Transformer Dress : Cobalt Blue & Silver Sequins




Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ever since Von Vonni gifted me their Transformer Dress in Cobalt Blue last week, I couldn't stop having fun with it. A Transformer Dress, also known as an infinity dress, is basically a dress that you can wear in endless ways. I was so happy to take her home with me, I think it is the most innovative piece in my wardrobe. This dress is available in a whole spectrum of colors (see my video showing several colors here) which would make a great bridesmaid dress, prom dress, or any dress to wear to a semi-formal to formal occasion. The shorter version with sleeves would be work appropriate that can easily transform into a nice dress for happy hour. This dress is also travel friendly since the material isn't prone to wrinkles so you can just roll her up and pack her in your luggage and go. I will definitely be taking her with me to Las Vegas at the end of the year.




Dress : Transformer Dress c/o Von Vonni (here)
Shoes : Steve Madden sz 5 (here), Bag : Zara
Accessories : Earrings from J. Crew, Rings from Gorjana (similar here)


The Transformer Dress comes in one size that fits a US size 0-12, and a plus size that fits a US size 14-22. The Transformer Collection also includes the Long Transformer Dress with Sleeves, Short Transformer Dress, the Short Transformer Dress with Sleeves, the Transformer Top, the Transformable Romper, and the Transformer Tube if you're not comfortable with a NuBra.



One thing that I like about this dress is how easy it can be tailored to fit your body. I am able to move the waist higher or lower to sit at my natural waistline and adjust where I want the dress to end on my shoulders since I am very self conscious of my arms. The waist of the skirt did run big on me so I added an elastic band to the back of the waist. I also shortened the dress myself by 4 inches since there was no hemming needed. Although you can easily alter this dress to your desired length with a pair of scissors, I highly recommend either using a rotary cutter for more steadiness or bringing it to your tailor for a quick and easy job. I am actually thinking about shortening this dress to knee length to get more wear out of it and use the remaining fabric to make either a circle skirt or tube top for extra coverage.


I love how well the material of this dress drapes and how it flows with the wind as you're walking. Since the material drapes so nicely and hugs my curves at the right spot, it really helps elongate my body and almost with a slimming effect too. I've had so much fun styling this dress, I would definitely recommend this dress to those who are interested. You will have so much fun with it too. I can't wait to show you how I'll transform it next time.







What are your thoughts about the Transformer Dress?

Thank you so much for reading! :)

You can watch the video below to see how the Transformer Dress is styled in 10 different ways.




1 comment:

  1. really these dress are looking to sexy. and in present time such types of dress are more popular. i also like such types of dress.
    petite graduation dresses

    ReplyDelete